Annual Reports / Newsletters
Business Recovery Site
Learning & Development
| Career Opportunities
BBN is a specially-chartered bank that offers a variety of correspondent services to community financial institutions throughout New England and New York.
BBN is an award-winning correspondent bank offering services to community banks and credit unions throughout New England, New Jersey and New York. Since 1998, BBN has provided innovative, high quality and competitively-priced financial solutions that support our clients’ strategic goals and initiatives. We recognize our success is the result of the collective strengths of our talented and knowledgeable staff and we foster an engaged workforce to promote a true partnership with our clients.
BBN is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Vice President, Operations and Service
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages staff and coordinates the workflow associated with the daily activities of BBN’s operations areas.
- Supervises activities associated with BBN’s cash letter service to ensure timely and accurate processing and reporting. Resolves service and other issues with BBN’s processor(s).
- Oversees the overall functionality, integrity and risk management & controls of BBN’s bank-to-bank communication system (STARS), Federal Reserve Bank application activities and capabilities and BBN’s core processing system.
- Serves as a technical consultant or contact for clients regarding cash letter, settlement and other operational services. Actively involved in the conversion of clients to BBN’s cash letter and settlement service.
- Manages the activities of Client Services Operations Manager to ensure the implementation and training processes are conducted in an efficient and professional manner.
- Ensures client service area develops a strong rapport with the key service users to effectively service the needs of the client and their respective customers, and when required identify and present alternative solutions offered through BBN.
- Interacts with the internal Money Desk Specialist to review Fed account activity and balances to avoid “daylight overdrafts” and to maximize earnings credits and minimize clearing balance requirements.
- Establishes and maintains operational and other procedures to ensure the accurate processing of information to BBN’s core processing system.
- Operates and is familiar with the operational systems including Lending Tools, Core Processor, Foreign Exchange Service Providers, and the Federal Reserve. Recommends and implements the purchase or installation of new systems or operational procedures.
- Assists in evaluating vendor proposals from an operational/system standpoint.
- Establishes, maintains and tests various internal contingency plans.
- Serves as a “back up” to activities and processes relative to operational enhancements, training and support, including but not limited to reconciliations and international services.
- Acts as liaison between BBN and external vendors such as required.
- Actively participates on various internal committees including products, risk, BSA and technology.
- Performs other related duties in support of the objectives, policies, and procedures of the organization including BSA, AML and OFAC responsibilities associated with this position.
- Maintains and delivers superior levels of customer support and service as established and identified within BBN’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proficiency with PC’s and various software applications including Commence, Word, Excel and Microsoft Office products.
- Proficiency with various automated systems including Fedline and other operational processes that the BBN currently utilizes or will in the future.
- Ability to communicate with representatives of vendors and clients with regard to operational questions or issues.
- Minimum 5-10 years of bank operations experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of employees and management.
- Leads by example, is proactive in establishing collaborative relationships that demonstrate and promote teamwork across the entire organization.
The Vice President, Operations and Service position offers a competitive salary, comprehensive employee benefits, and a 401(k) plan with an employer match.
Please send resumes and cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
BBN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis prohibited by law. It is the Bank’s policy to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status, and to maintain an environment free from discrimination or harassment based upon these grounds.